Saturday, November 10, 2007

Talk amongst yourselves...

Although this blog will likely have very little to do with coffee, it will certainly give Jake and me a chance to express ourselves and throw a bit of our lives up on the web. Something about blogs irks me, but I do realize that I occasionally wonder how a friend or family member is doing and hop on their blog for a quick update. (It's a better alternative than, say, calling at a very late hour - Pacific and Eastern time!) So, stay tuned for some pics and hopefully video clips, too, once I decide on a camcorder to buy.

As for an update, I have still been coming to grips with the fact that my Summer of Glory has come to an end. No more tromping around in the Alps,

no more Paris,

and no more heirloom tomatoes.

I think I have been experiencing lycopene withdrawal, in fact. Additionally, it is now dark at 4:30 pm! Blah. There is a reason why this city is known for it's coffee and micro-brews. And grunge music.

While I'm thinking of it, here is my teaching website for those of you who haven't seen it: www.dunaway.violininstructor.com
Yeah, I know... Cheap way to increase my Google visibility! :)

In the meantime, talk amongst yourselves!

Chrissy

P.S. - I took so many photos of sheep and cows in the Alps, much to Brian's annoyance, that I thought I would put one to good use. Here goes...

(Say, is that a black sheep???)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is an awesome idea. Now I can spy on you whenever I want. It will be fun to see what my kids are up to way out west.

azandersens said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Sis. I like the sheep photo the best, btw.

-Hol

Laura Dunaway said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. It's a fun way to stay in touch.

upfreak said...

I hate photos of sheep!

Hee hee.

I thought I was the black sheep.

Janet said...

Hi Guys1
How cool is this!! No Jake, you are NOT the "last person" to have a blog - that would be me! I love all the pix especially Banjo and Kitten - although there is some competition for "cuteness' with Christine's sheep! Looking foward to more updates and pix - especially ratings of our local coffee shops!
Janet

Anonymous said...

Nice photos of Seattle snow. Don't worry, the P-patch is just resting for awhile. Today we say Ranie and Athena perform at the Festival of Trees. Mary Lou was at the top of her game. It's starting to feel like Christmas in Montana. Dad.

Jim Dunaway said...

This is a GREAT blog. I love the coffee stuff. It's classy and stimulating, but it’s time to put a couple of things to bed.
1. I must differ with Chrissy, though, about dark roast. When coffee is French roast, I'll taste it. The color of all other coffee is pastel, and the taste, dishwater.
2. The sheep photos are awful, bordering on horrible. When Chrissy was a thousand feet below me last summer and I saw her photographing sheep, I thought, “O my God, didn’t I teach this girl anything? Kitties, and puppies are wonderful . . . but sheep????????? I must have failed Chrissy!”
BYW, the SLC Roasting Company was fair-to-middling last month. Perhaps it’s the only show in town: way too far from Seattle. Can you imagine a blog of coffee houses in SLC?