Thursday, January 31, 2008

West Coast Theater

Well, we've had a pretty crazy winter this year. The mountains are currently at about 120-150% of the normal snowpack and Snoqualmie Pass (114 in. of snowpack!!!) was closed today due to to avalanches. On the flip side, when the sun comes out we all get an amazing show!

These are the Cascade Mountains as viewed from the park across the street that I snapped a few weeks ago (a little blurry but very cool) :


















A few days later, I caught up with my buddy Josh:


We made our way to the top of the Columbia Tower and took in the bird's eye view. Downtown Seattle to the north (top left). The Cascade Mountains as a backdrop to Lake Washington to the east (top right). Mt. Rainier and I-5 to the south (bottom left). The Olympic Mountains and the Puget Sound to the west (bottom right):


















We are a little bit off the beaten path and it's very unlikely any of you will be in the neighborhood "just because", so hopefully I've made at least a few of you jealous enough to visit sometime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will come and visit sometime soon, because I'm a relative (your mom) and need free room and board. And you can't stop me. I love Seattle!